- 1 clove (to 2 Cloves) Garlic
- Salt To Taste
- 1/4 cup Italian Flat-leaf Parsley
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Chives
- 1 cup (Real) Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- Buttermilk (as Needed To Desired Consistency)
- White Vinegar (optional, To Taste)
- Worcestershire Sauce, To Taste (optional)
- Fresh Dill (optional, To Taste)
- Cayenne Pepper (optional, To Taste)
- Paprika (optional, To Taste)
- Fresh Oregano (optional, To Taste)
- Tabasco (optional, To Taste)
Mince the garlic with a knife and then sprinkle about an 1/8 to ¼ teaspoons of salt on it and mash it into a paste with a fork. Chop the parsley, chives and any of the optional herbs very finely and add to the garlic.
In a bowl combine all ingredients, adding other optional ingredients as you wish, tasting frequently and adjusting seasonings as needed. Chill for a couple of hours before serving, thin with milk or buttermilk if desired.