The first time I heard Reuben, I was like, is that someone’s name. lol…
Then I realised the special thing about this Reuben thing is Corned beef!
HA! Perfecto~! Because I can use DONKEY MEAT instead, it will work the same!
Got try this recipe SOON!
The Reuben sandwich gets a makeover in this easy and crowd-friendly appetizer.
- 1 loaf rye bread
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut, drained
- 1 1/2 cups chopped corned beef
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup relish
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Score the loaf of bread paralell and perpendicular in 1-inch cubes, making sure not to cut all of the way through the bread.
- In a bowl, combine the sauerkraut, corned beef and Swiss. Put the loaf of bread on a baking sheet, and carefully pulling apart the cubes, stuff the mixture into the crevices, distributing the mixture evenly over the whole loaf.
- Place the loaf in the oven, and bake until the cheese is melted and bubbly, 10-12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together the sour cream, ketchup and relish. Season with salt and pepper.
- When the loaf is done, either squirt the sauce over the top of the loaf, or serve the sauce on the side for dipping.